Here’s a link to the NOAA forecast for Cap Sante Marina: http://bit.ly/2h0tEb5
We will update this particular blog posting to provide new notes for volunteers:
- Motel Black List. There are clients of the consolidated motel voucher program who are no longer welcome at our motels. There is a printed list in one of the binders on the administrative assistant’s desk. Please check the list before you send someone to the Holiday Motel. This has not yet been a problem.
- Cold Weather Shelter Food:
- Our stuff is stored in the Food Bank’s big refrigerator on two shelves (with appropriate signage).
- The food in the small refrigerators in the kitchen belong to other groups.
- Rolls and bread for breakfast are on shelves just outside the refrigerator door.
- Animal Cages:
- If needed, are located in the CWS great room, but will no doubt find their way to the storage area across from the restrooms.
- Pack up the Tents on
- Wednesday AM
- Thursday AM
- 3rd Monday AM
- Toilet Paper
- Please check on the rolls in the upstairs restrooms
- TP rolls are in the storage locker next to our pads storage area. The key to open the restroom TP dispensers is on the janitor’s cart, hanging on a hook/stick located at the top shelf near the handle
- Sticky Kids
- The kids group that uses the Hall on Wednesday evenings will, upon occasion, leave sticky bits on the floor. Please use the big dust-mop located just outside the kitchen door to sweep up.
- If you run across any sticky bits you can clean this with the wet Swifter in the storage locker (next to our pads storage).
- The Big Trash Can
- After breakfast, please empty the Big Trash Can (near the kitchen door) into the dumpster out back. (It should roll…via the elevator and down the ramp.
- Please don’t put liquids into the Trash can . The plastic bags can’t hold the weight. Liquids go into the sink.
- Keep the Kitchen Neat and TIdy
The Anacortes Cold Weather Shelter will open on Friday, 28 December and will remain open until Valentine’s Day—or beyond, if the weather remains frightful in late February. We’ll provide updates on this page.
Operating hours will be from 5:30 PM to 7:30 AM
The Shelter will operate from the Anacortes Corps of the Salvation Army, 3001 R Ave.